* * * * *

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

* * * * *

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Long Visit in Birmingham

We celebrated Thanksgiving with Patsy's family in Ackerman. Becky as usual had prepared a feast. Then since we were almost half way there, Mason and I went on to Birmingham while Rob went on a duck hunting trip. We spent 9 days in Birmingham and never slowed down. We celebrated Sarah's birthday Friday. Then it was off to the Alabama vs. Auburn game with Mom and Dad on Saturday (War Eagle!). We had a great time. Brother Mason, Julie, and her whole family were there. Mason loves Julie's brother Andrew and they had fun playing football before the game. Mason and I did not have tickets so we watched the game at Julie's apartment with her family members that didn't have tickets (even though they were Alabama fans). We could hear the stadium noise in her apartment so we felt like we were there except we were warm! Mason crashed on the floor about 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter. It had been a "wong day at Auburn University." I took him to Brother Mason's apartment to go to sleep and then after the game Mom and I walked down to Toomer's. Mason was disappointed the next morning that he did not get to throw toilet paper.



On Tuesday, we met our friends Ashley, Harrison, and Olivia who happened to be in Birmingham too. We went to the zoo and then had lunch at Gilcrest.



On Thursday, Mom, Mason, and I went to check out the progress on the lake house. It looks awesome! I can't wait to get up there and relax on the porch or by the fire pit!



Then, Friday we met Denise and Emma in Calera, AL at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum for the Polar Express Train Ride. It was so much fun! Mason had gone the year before with Mom and Sarah while Rob and I were in New York but Denise, Emma, and I had not been before. It really was so much fun! We got our tickets punched and boarded the train. It took us to the North Pole while we listened to the Polar Express by Chris van Alsburg read over the loud speaker. Mason and Emma watched out the window for Santa. When we got there, some elves passed out bells and we sang Christmas carols while Santa, Mrs. Claus, and some elves visited with each child. Then we were served chocolate milk and cookies and even received a goodie bag. It was so much fun and I was so proud of Mason for talking to Santa this year. Last year he screamed when he saw him and while this year he didn't want Santa to hold him he did tell him what he wanted for Christmas (a rocket) and gave him a hi five!




Saturday morning, Mom and Dad took us to get our Christmas tree and we headed back home. It was so nice to be able to stay in Birmingham that long, but we sure were busy! I did manage to get a good bit of Christmas shopping done while various members of my family entertained Mason. We are looking forward to being back in Birmingham for Christmas!


No comments: