* * * * *

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

* * * * *

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

We Did It! The Wellsfest 5K


Well ... We did it! Dawn, Sharea, and I ran in the Wellsfest 5K this past weekend! I actually managed to finish in under 38 minutes. Yes, I am a turtle but I expected a much worse time since I had not run the whole time I was in Auburn. Sara Kennedy, Jett, Jon David, and Mason ran in the 1 mile fun run too. I got so tickled. As Mason approached the finish line, the crowd began to cheer him on and he went from a slow jog to a flat out sprint to cross the line! I was so proud of him for completing his mile! He even ran most of the time with your typical pauses to checkout the fire trucks and police motorcycles, of course. It was such a pleasant, cool morning which was so much better than the August run during the record breaking heatwave!

No comments: