Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Mason's First Snow
Thursday night I saw on the news that Birmingham was predicted to get some snow. I was hosting supper club Saturday night so after asking Rob if he would help me get ready for it and checking to make sure I could get back home, Mason and I decided to go to Birmingham in search of snow. We arrived late Friday night, and when we woke up Saturday morning it had rained but there was no snow. Rob had sent me a text message on his way to hunt that morning that it was snowing in Jackson so I started to panic that I had made a bad decision. We were in the kitchen having coffee and juice while mom was making waffles, and it started to snow! Whew!!!! It really came down hard for a couple hours and covered the ground and cars. It was beautiful! Mason was so excited! After breakfast, we bundled up and went outside. We had snowball fights and even built a snowman (his arms were celery because Winston kept stealing his stick arms). Then, we made snow angels for Sarah who was in Auburn visiting Mason and Julie. When we were finished playing, we went inside and had lunch and hot chocolate by the fire. Then Mason and I headed back home. The drive home was even beautiful! The trees were all covered with snow. Everyone thought we were crazy but we had the best time! And, yes, I would do it again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
What fun! It did snow here- but not enough to build a snowman, maybe next time! :)
Post a Comment