* * * * *

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

* * * * *

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Rest in Peace, Baseball





Came home from picking Mason up from school to discover that our last remaining hermit crab (Baseball) was dead and stinky! Mason was horrified as he watched me toss him in the trash (the fate of the other 2) and exclaimed that he needed to be buried in the backyard. So, I fished him out of the trash. Mason found a nice, shady spot in the backyard adn dug a small grave. Then we buried him. Mason decided that Baseball's grave needed a cross so he went to his workbench and crafted a small cross. He then wrote Baseball's name on it and we placed it on the little grave. Mason said I should day a little prayer so I did. Then I came in to fix lunch and Mason stayed by the grave and prayed. When he came in, he hugged me and asked what hermit crab heaven was like. I told him it must be a wide, sandy, white beach with no predators and lots of tasty treats to eat. Then a cried for a few minutes. RIP Baseball!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: