Every year, we celebrate Easter with my family on Palm Sunday. Saturday, Mom, Sarah, and I took Mason to the zoo to ride camels ate the new temporary exhibit. What fun! Mason didn't want to ride them at first but once I put him on the camel, he had a blast! We timed our zoo trip perfectly too. When we finished riding the camels, we were just in time to feed the giraffes. Then we took a train ride. Mason wanted to see the sea lions before we left, and we got their just in time for a show. Then, Saturday night we met the Lampkins, Martins, and Ellises for dinner at Davenport's Pizza and ice cream at Mountain Brook Creamery around the corner. (They had come to Birmingham to see the Disney show at the BJCC.) The kids had fun playing games while we waited for our pizza and Xan and Mason worked together to play the race car game they were too small to play. While one steered, the other pressed the gas pedal! After dinner, we walked to Mountain Brook Creamery for ice cream! Yum, yum!! Sunday morning, we woke up to find our Easter baskets Mom and Dad had for us. Then we went on our Easter egg hunt, unfortunately I don't have pictures of the adult hunt. Mason had his own private hunt too, but he did manage to find a couple eggs on the "big people" hunt too. This year Mom decided to make our hunt a little more exciting by using plastic eggs with prizes instead of dyded eggs. We always have a great time! After church, Mason and I played outside and then went across the street to the church to ride his scooter. That night, Jesse, Amber, and Nana joined us for a delicious dinner Dad had prepared and to celebrate Unca's birthday. We got to stay until Monday and I enjoyed having lunch with Caroline on her birthday while Mom and Mason went to the park and then to Nana's house. We got back last night, and I am exhausted but we had a great weekend!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Palm Sunday Weekend
Every year, we celebrate Easter with my family on Palm Sunday. Saturday, Mom, Sarah, and I took Mason to the zoo to ride camels ate the new temporary exhibit. What fun! Mason didn't want to ride them at first but once I put him on the camel, he had a blast! We timed our zoo trip perfectly too. When we finished riding the camels, we were just in time to feed the giraffes. Then we took a train ride. Mason wanted to see the sea lions before we left, and we got their just in time for a show. Then, Saturday night we met the Lampkins, Martins, and Ellises for dinner at Davenport's Pizza and ice cream at Mountain Brook Creamery around the corner. (They had come to Birmingham to see the Disney show at the BJCC.) The kids had fun playing games while we waited for our pizza and Xan and Mason worked together to play the race car game they were too small to play. While one steered, the other pressed the gas pedal! After dinner, we walked to Mountain Brook Creamery for ice cream! Yum, yum!! Sunday morning, we woke up to find our Easter baskets Mom and Dad had for us. Then we went on our Easter egg hunt, unfortunately I don't have pictures of the adult hunt. Mason had his own private hunt too, but he did manage to find a couple eggs on the "big people" hunt too. This year Mom decided to make our hunt a little more exciting by using plastic eggs with prizes instead of dyded eggs. We always have a great time! After church, Mason and I played outside and then went across the street to the church to ride his scooter. That night, Jesse, Amber, and Nana joined us for a delicious dinner Dad had prepared and to celebrate Unca's birthday. We got to stay until Monday and I enjoyed having lunch with Caroline on her birthday while Mom and Mason went to the park and then to Nana's house. We got back last night, and I am exhausted but we had a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment