What a fun weekend! We got into town Wednesday night. Thursday, Amber's bridesmaids gave her a PJ shower. I enjoyed getting to know her friends. Sarah and I then grabbed some dinner and went back to her new apartment to decorate. We were so tired that instead, we just sat up and talked for hours. Great sister bonding! I love her apartment and can't wait to help her fix it up next time I am in town!
Friday morning was the Bridesmaids Luncheon. Oh!!! It was so yummy and with a strawberry cake for dessert. Then the race was on. We got back to Mom's at 3:00 and I grabbed my stuff for the rehearsal dinner. Then Sarah and I had to run to the alterations place to try on and pick up my dress, and race back to her apartment to change. Everyone was getting to the church at 5:00 but Mom assured us that the rehearsal would not start until 5:30 so not to rush. We rushed anyway and screached into the church parking lot at 5:26. Whew! Just in time. We did miss the laugh of the night though! Dad came into the church for the rehearsal wearing a Howard Stern wig and shades!!! I wish I had a picture of that!!! Mason said he thought Dad was one of Jesse's friends at first. The rehearsal went off without a hitch. Julie was the stand in bride and she carried the bow bouquet I made. Mom's friend, Janet, made one for me from all the bows on my wedding gifts, so I thought I would do the same for Amber. After the rehearsal Rob and I picked up his parents and went to the dinner at Cafe Dupont. Oh my goodness - it was so good! Everything was delicious but my favorites were the crab cake appetizers and the beignets for dessert.
Amber and Jesse were blessed with a beautiful, fall Saturday. It could not have been more perfect weather and the trees in Birmingham seemed to be at their peak. The colors were just magnificent! We got to the church at 3:00 for pictures. The wedding was a 6:00 and it was beautiful! Little Mason and Dad escorted Mom into the church. After the wedding, the wedding party rode the Trolley to the reception. What fun! It brought back memories from my wedding! The reception was a lot of fun. The band was great and the food was yet again delicious! I ate way to much all weekend. Little Mason came to the reception but by the time I got their he was almost asleep at the table. For days, though, all he could talk about was eating all the cake so we let him stay until they cut the cake and he could get a piece. He gobbled it up and then asked me if he could go home and go nite, nite. Rob's Dad carried him to the car and Miss Lynn took him home. He was asleep before they even got on the elevator! Poor fella - it had been a long day! We stayed until Amber and Jesse left. Then we went home exhausted too! It was a great weekend! Amber and Jesse are now in Hawaii and I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about their trip.
I am sorry I do not have any picture of the bride and groom but they did not see each other before the wedding and I did not have my camera after the wedding. I will update the photos when we get the wedding photos back.










No comments:
Post a Comment